The communication between a crane operator and the crane signal person may make prevent a serious injury or fatality from occurring at your work site. Crane Signal Person Basic Training prepares your workers to properly use standard hand and verbal signals during crane operation.
standardized hand signals as described in ASME B30.5 and OSHA 29 CFR 1926.
This program presents:
- A general overview of crane operations and limitations
- Clear demonstrations of the 20 standard crane hand signals
- An explanation of correct voice signal communication
- Guidelines for using non-standard and new signals
- Basic safety practices for a crane signal person